Wednesday, January 26, 2011

American Beer TV: The Bruery Black Tuesday!



http://www.americanbeertv.net - Beer Tasting - Black Tuesday is a 19.5% Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels for a year and released on October 29th to mark the day of the great stock market crash in 1929. One of the first beers ever brewed by the Bruery in Placentia, Ca. had to age for a year before anyone could get a taste of this truly amazing beer.
My buddy Bill sent me a message stating that he had a bottle of Black Tuesday and thought it would be a good idea to shoot a video about it. I nearly crapped my pants and replied yes instantly. I had heard about the beer and knew it was super hard to get but didn't know too much about the style of beer. I quickly started to search around the net for some info and found some interesting tasting notes along with praise of how rare the beer was. Some said it was the most soughed after beer in America so I began to prep myself for how it was going to taste.
Everyone seemed to give it a high rating and commented on the vanilla profile and the rich malt. But reading about it could not prepare me for what I was about to taste. From the second the bottle was opened you could smell the bourbon but once I got the beer to my nose it went away and the overpowering aroma of the malt took over. Tasting the beer changed everything again it was like this exotic chocolate elixir. Flavors of dark chocolate, burnt toffee, and warming alcohol came through strong with subtle flavors of vanilla and dried fruits. Because this beer was so full of alcohol and complex flavors it continued to change as we drank and the beer warmed up.
I have to say that this was a great beer experience and I am grateful for Bill bringing the beer over.
If you want to read about The Bruery visit http://www.thebruery.com/index2.html

If you want to read about the crash visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Str...

If you want to see more amazing beer videos visit http://americanbeertv.net

1 comment: